Our friends at Lift Bridge have produced what is said to be the first-ever mini donut flavored beer. The fruits of the brewery’s labors will be available exclusively at the Ball Park Café. Expect a malty sweet sipper that weighs in at about 5% abv. Mini-Donut will be served in a glass rimmed with cinnamon and sugar. Suggest pairing: Mini-donuts. Duh. And while it’s been suggested that perhaps Lift Bridge “jumped the shark” with this one, we tend to think that it sounds tasty enough to try before passing judgement.
Summit State Fair IPA
This beer was brewed by our good friend Jeff Williamson. This beer is full of great Minnesota ingredients like wild rice, honey,
pronto pups corn and Cascade hops from Hippity Hops Farms. Look for it daily at the International Bazaar. 95 IBUs and 5.5% ABV.
Great Beer Destinations:
Ball Park Café
The Ball Park Cafe is essentially the Minnesota State Fair’s very own craft beer bar with a strong focus on local beers. It’s the only place that you’ll find the aforementioned Lift Bridge Mini Donut Beer and this year they’re making onion rings with a beer batter made with Indeed’s Day Tripper Pale Ale. Other craft beers at the Ball Park Café include Surly Furious, Bitter Brewer and Hell, Lift Bridge Mini Donut, Hop Dish and Farm Girl, Bent Paddle Black Ale, Third Street Jacked Up, Steel Toe Size 7, Mankato Original, Excelsior Bitterschaple, Badger Hill White IPA, Lucid Dyno, Indeed Day Tripper & Midnight Rider and one out-of-towner, Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale.
The Land of 10,000 Beers
The Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild returns to the Agriculture/Horticulture building with an expanded “Land of 10,000 Beers,” featuring beers from 26 Minnesota breweries. Once again the exhibit will showcase craft brewing in Minnesota with brewers, displays and presentations throughout the duration of the Fair.
This week’s presentation schedule:
Thursday, August 22
- 3pm – Getting to Know the Guild: Clint Roberts, Guild Executive Director
- 6pm – Beer Tourism: Dan Justesen, Guild President, Vine Park Brewing Co.
Friday, August 23
- 3pm – Member Showcase: 612Brew, Indeed Brewing Co.
- 6pm – The Art of the Cask: Tony Digatono of Great Waters Brewing Co.
Saturday, August 24
- Noon – Homebrewer Award Program
- 3pm – Primary Fermenter Showcase
- 6pm – Member Showcase: Surly Brewing Co., Fulton Beer
Sunday, August 25
- Noon – A Historian’s Perspective: Craft Beer with Doug Hoverson
- 3pm – Minnesota Hop Star: The U of M’s Charlie Rohwer, Ph.D.
- 6pm – Member Showcase: Third Street Brewhouse, Boom Island Brewing Co., Flat Earth Brewing Co.
Tracking Down Your Favorite Beers: